Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012

Golden Age

Whenever I think and speak of our time in California, I refer to it as The Golden Age.
I didn't realize it then, I knew it when we returned back to Germany.

I know, it had mostly to do with being freed from all the slumber of German history, that still clutters our lives, thoughts and bodies.
It felt very very healing to move and breathe in a different context.
Sure all the sunshine helped a lot too.

The time around the birth of my second daughter was very special to me.
I felt no stress from societal introjects whatsoever. I rested, prepared for the birth, went swimming a lot, sat in the sun and simply enjoyed being - without any guilt of not 'doing' anything much else, of not 'working'.
Back in Germany, in my own society, I was always so stressed out of not loosing track of my career and of not fulfilling the expectations - mostly my own.